Eight months, 70 students, one event, two placemats, one business plan, five Vines, a few videos, and countless other assignments and it all concludes tomorrow. Classes that is. It’s not the end, but just the beginning. A new chapter as a public relations professional with great promise and opportunity for only an upward trajectory of success. If. If you remember the lessons we taught you and remain open for constant and continuous learning along the way. Your future is in your hands now, but so is your failure. You choose. Only you.
On those days when you’re not sure which way is up, here’s a short little primer on the stuff you can be proud of from your days at Centennial College:
1. You made it. Moreover, you proved yourself a worthy and supportive teammate when group projects needed you.
2. You know the difference between a business goal and a communications objective.
3. You pulled off an event on zero budget and made a financial donation to a local charity.
4. You can now write to inform and to persuade. And you know how to avoid a fatal error.
5. You know what gets capped vs. not. Among other CP style peculiarities.
6. Your LinkedIn profile rocks.
7. You can design your own business card when you are ready and you could develop your own business plan at the same time.
8. You can pitch media 18 ways to Sunday. Really, you can.
9. You can develop a social media plan that will generate results.
10. You can present in front of a client after real practice in front of the communications team at the Pan Am Games.
And so much more. You’re ready. Now make us proud!
Donna & Chris